Sunday, December 28, 2008

Please post indymacdepositors.com at every comment.

Hello all!

We are in for Mr.Toad's wild ride! Please stay tuned to Indymacdepositors.com and reference indymacdepositors.com at each comment ou post or encounter.

This is government negligence, under OTS supervision and FDIC approval. It is so important to stay on task and shed light on this situation. We will make progress and recover our funds if we continue to raise awarenes.

Please remember to reference indymacdepositors.com at each article you post a comment to in any publication. This small effort will help us to indentify more depositors to join the cause to recover our deposits.

Please stay tuned and have a happy last week of 2008.

Cheers,

Lisa Marshall

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lisa,

    I just came across your blog today and would like to share a story that you may publish. I like so many others here was mislead many times by Indymac Banking officials that all my accounts were fully insured. I called several times and was assured that my accounts were all fully FDIC guaranteed. Even on the Monday after the bank was closed teller 240 reviewed my accounts and I received the same answer that all was in order.
    Of course after going through the gut wrenching process of the FDIC interview I found out different. I lost a lot of money due to incorrect bankers information.

    I wrote my Congressman, but have never received any answer from him or his staff. I wrote him again after the FDIC changed the rules and was told by FDIC officials that it would NOT include Indymac customers. Had the new rules been made retroactive I would have not lost one dime of money. What an injustice to those of us that trusted the Bank and the government is doling out billions of dollars to save so many other banks. I even called the FDIC to see if they were receiving any of the TARP money but was told no.

    Now that it looks like the Bank is going to be sold for 14 billion and you do the math there won’t be enough money to pay the uninsured depositors. They will actually be losing money on the assets as far as I can tell, which will leave nothing for us. When I called the FDIC this morning to run the scenario by one of the agents to see if I was understanding the math right she agreed, but could not comment since nothing had been officially announced. It looks like a fire sale to me for the FDIC to get rid of the Indymac headache. I realize this isn’t the best time in our economic crisis to be selling a bank. It’s just to bad that innocent and careful depositors will probably take it in the shorts on this one. I guess the next few days will tell the story.

    If there is anything I can do to help our cause please let me know and I’m very glad to have found your blog. If nothing else I don’t fell so alone in this unjust mess.

    Thank you,

    Marc

    ReplyDelete