Sunday, December 28, 2008

Bill's Loss

October 09, 2008


Mr. Ronald Bieker
Deputy Director, Division of Resolutions and Receiverships
FDIC
1601 Bryan Street
Dallas, TX 75201


Dear Mr. Bieker,

I am not certain if you are the correct person I should be contacting, if you are not please forward this email to the correct person or department. My wife and I have lost over eighty thousand dollars in the take over of IndyMac bank. We have received 100% of the amount that was federally insured and the 50% dividend that was promised of the uninsured amount. However, we are still out over $80,000.00 at this time. At the time of the take over of IndyMac it was reported that the FDIC intention was to sell the assets of IndyMac to recover any losses of it's depositors and the FDIC hoped to accomplish this within three months. We are now in the third month and my wife and I are still waiting. We understand these things take time, however the situation my family is in is becoming dire each and every day we wait. Initially my wife and I deposited the money from the sell of our house in IndyMac and this was to be temporary while we searched for another house. Months have passed now and we are having to live with relatives while we wait for something that was taken from us and may never be returned. Mr Bieker if we could go back in time, believe me, my wife and I would have never sold our home and made that deposit into a California bank that a New York Senator caused a run on and left me without a home to provide my wife and my 4 year old daughter. I would like to offer a solution that not only will help my family, but will help the FDIC as well. I have noticed that there are several thousand homes for sell on the IndyMac website and my wife and I would like to purchase one and to have the amount that is due to us discounted from the purchase price. We would be able to pay the difference in cash and this transaction would not require in financing on our part. Please let me know your thoughts on this idea and feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have. I can be reached by mobile phone at 512.538.4243


Kind regards,

Bill Jordan and Elvira Rodriguez




Bill Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment