Thursday, May 14, 2009

Rep. Jane Harman's office in El Segundo

Dear Blog followers:

At the beginning of April, I met with Jane Harman's office in El Segundo, California. In an urgent plea to get backing behind Rep. Adam Schiff of Pasadena to call for an investigation of the FDIC, and the OTS, I met with staff members of Jane Harman's office.

I can tell you that the office told me this was the first they'd heard of this problem. I have great difficulty with that statement, since many of you who live in her district claim to have complained & reported the problems of Indymac depositors.

Today is May 14th. I have called several times to follow up on the visit. Ms. Harman is busy saving her own career, and not nearly as worried about constituents, in my humble opinion. I still urge each of you to write to members of Congress who represent your district. Find and write to your Senators. Make appointments with them and their staff before the recess in June. Do you get a recess? I don't. Let's get them working for us. Cheers, LM

No comments:

Post a Comment